iLab Award > Candidate criteria > Purposes
To be considered for the 2009 Award candidates should complete the minimal on-line application form by 31 March 2008, 15:00 Brussels Time. Nominations for candidates are also accepted. Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered. Candidates will receive an answer before May 1.
Candidates will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- If the academic activity proposed is in line with the purposes of Imagination Lab Foundation and EURAM. If not, the applications will not be considered.
- Extent of "scholarship" of the activity. This includes the extent the academic activity crosses boundaries in terms of theories, the extent it involves interaction between theory and practice, the extent it expresses humility, and to what extent it demonstrates a willingness to communicate ideas to different communities.
- Extent of "innovativeness" of the activity. This includes the extent the academic activity exploits existing thinking and/or practice in new ways, the extent it explores new possibilities in thinking and/or practice, the extent it has already, or aspires to improve current thinking and/or practice, and to what extent it challenges current thinking and/or practice.
The 2009 Selection Committee consists of:
• Professor Johan Roos, Stockholm School of Economics (SSE), representing Imagination Lab Foundation;
• Professor Steven W. Floyd, University of St Gallen, selected jointly by Imagination Lab Foundation and EURAM